CSE Option in Atmospheric Sciences
The Department of Atmospheric Sciences (ATMS) offers a CSE Option in the M.S. degree program. Students electing the CSE Option are expected to satisfy all regular requirements for graduate study in ATMS. A student will normally be able to satisfy the requirements for the CSE Option by taking elective courses within the ATMS graduate programs.
For the M.S. in ATMS with the CSE Option, the following additional requirements must be satisfied: four hours of course work must be from CSE core courses, and four additional hours of course work must be from an approved list of CSE courses (see below). The M.S. thesis, if any, must have a significant computational component.
Approved List of Courses for ATMS
- CSE 422 | CS 433 – Computer System Organization
- CSE 426 | CS 427 – Software Engineering I
- CSE 427 | CS 418 – Interactive Computer Graphics
- CSE 450 | TAM 470 – Computational Mechanics
- CSE 451 | AE 420 | ME 471 – Finite Element Analysis
- CSE 510 | CS 555 | Math 552 – Numerical Methods for PDEs
- CSE 511 | CS 556 – Iterative and Multigrid Methods
- CSE 512 | CS 554 – Parallel Numerical Algorithms
- CSE 513 | CS 558 – Topics in Numerical Analysis
- CSE 521 | ECE 511 – Computer Architecture
- CSE 527 | CS 519 – Scientific Visualization
- CSE 566 | ATMS 502 | CS 505 – Numerical Fluid Dynamics