Hands-on, Interactive Tutorials
Learn new computational software, tools, and workflows. See our schedule for the current semester below.
Software Carpentry Workshops
- R+SQL+Git, 4/12–15, 4–6 p.m.
Hands-On with CSE
- 4/8 Thu, 4–6 p.m. · Building a Neural Network with PyTorch · Nicolas Nytko
- 4/15 Thu, 2–4 p.m. · Cluster Computing to Accelerate Your Research · Maxim Belkin (Blue Waters/NCSA)
- 4/22 Thu, 2–4 p.m. · How Fast Should Your Code Run? · Galen Arnold (Blue Waters/NCSA)
- 4/29 Thu, 2–4 p.m. · Writing a Paper using LaTeX · Luke Olson (CS, CSE)
The Hacker Within
- The Hacker Within meetings will take place through dial-in Zoom conferencing. Please contact meeting organizer here for more details.Faculty Sponsor: Katy Huff
Campus Cluster Program
The Illinois Campus Cluster provides access to computing and data storage resources and frees you from the hassle of administering your own compute cluster. Any individual, research team, or campus unit can invest in compute nodes or storage disks or pay a fee for on-demand use of compute cycles or storage space. Staffing and shared infrastructure fees are partially subsidized by campus to help keep your costs as low as possible!
High-performance computers have become essential to research in many disciplines across the Illinois campus, from astronomy to biology to chemistry on through the alphabet to zoology. The Illinois Campus Cluster is a campus-wide resource that meets this need for research computing cycles.