CSE Option in Materials Science and Engineering
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MatSE) offers a CSE Option in the M.S. degree program. Students electing the CSE Option are expected to satisfy all regular requirements for graduate study in MatSE. A student will normally be able to satisfy the requirements for the CSE Option by taking elective courses within the MatSE graduate programs.
For the M.S. in MatSE with the CSE Option, the following additional requirements must be satisfied: one course must be taken from each of the three areas in the list of approved CSE Option courses (see below). For thesis students, credit for MSE 599 can be used for the third area. The M.S. thesis, if any, must have a significant computational component.
Core Computing Courses
- CSE 402 | CS 420 | ECE 492 – Parallel Programming
- CSE 414 | CS 473 | MATH 473 – Fundamental Algorithms
- CSE 521 | ECE 511 – Computer Architecture
- CSE 527 | CS 519 – Scientific Visualization
- CSE 401 | CS 450 | ECE 491 | MATH 450 – Numerical Analysis
- CSE 510 | CS 555 | Math 552 – Numerical Methods for PDEs